Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's hard to hide screaming fear...

...when it's your eyelids that are being 'attacked'. Would it be the same with the feet, or the hands?

After having my xanthelasmas removed a couple of weeks ago I had to go back for a 'control'. Piece of nonsense, I thought, it'll just be the clinic wanting to earn money. Though as it happens....see below.

The original procedure had been very ... uncomfortable. So when I was made to lie down again and had to close my eyes, with the doctor coming at them, the eyelids started to dance a salsa. If it had needed another procedure today I think I would have had to be put under!

What's worse...the doctor noticed that a little spot had been left behind. Using all my Lithuanian persuasion skills I suggested that no-one would possibly see that, and that it did not really need to be done. (When I pay for a procedure I feel I have a bit more power in this). This worked, and the 'control' was free - nice touch.

Of course, as soon as I got home and looked in the mirror, I could see the small left-behind bit as clearly as a beam across my face. Ho hum.

No comments: